Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stalking Fashion



After spending a weekend in NYC, I have been craving fashion. As you can imagine, the streets of Northwest Arkansas aren’t quite the runway that New York City streets can be. In order to indulge my fashion hunger I have gone to the internet. I find it amazing that I can see what people are wearing on the streets of London, Munich, Helsinki, and other fashion capitols all over the world! I have spent a lot of time searching through photos of regular people with exceptional style and trying to figure out how I can incorporate more extreme style into my boring business casual wardrobe. I think I will make it a goal to be more fashionable in 2008. (My brother is a fashion designer, so you would think this would be easier than it is.) I don’t have a lot of options for shopping here in AR, but I will find a way. I also have to keep in mind that I am on a budget, so I will have to get really creative. I am jealous of the people on the blog, Hel Looks, from Helsinki, Finland. Most people say that their looks have come from second hand shops. What I would give for a second hand store with something other than old overalls and moth ball sweaters. I guess I’d have to move to Finland. I have added my favorite “street style” links on this blog (mostly so I can access them easily.) Being Fashionable is a good 2008 goal for me, much better than Get in Shape. I like McDonald’s and chocolate way too much to make a Resolution kind of commitment to fitness. I can just hope that baggy clothes will be "in" next year.

No comments: