Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Baby Shower Mad Libs

My good friend, Nicole’s, Baby shower is this weekend! I have been planning this event with two friends since March. We have had planning meetings, email correspondence and research tasks in preparation of what my boss calls, the event of the season. After all this planning it is nice to see things finally coming together and now focus 100% on execution. I’m and calling it, “Operation: I Love Mama”.

I am responsible for the decorations which are coming along slowly. I have made a small forest of Paper Trees and some other things that I have to keep secret until Saturday. I am making a second attempt at my Baking Experiment in hopes that these will work as favors. I am going to be up late on Friday night.

For Baby Shower games, there is nothing but cheesiness. We have gone back and forth on what games we will play. We are expecting a really big group, so we are struggling to find something that is not too interactive, but not too boring. I have suggested a Baby Shower Mad Libs. I combined two versions of Mad Libs that I found to come up with this one. I hope it will be amusing to more than just me.

"Toward the end of her pregnancy, Nicole was feeling like a(an) [ animal ]. Finally, on [ number ] month, she felt a sudden painful contraction in her [ body part ]. Of course, the first thing she did was go to the [ location ] and [ present tense verb ] to keep her mind off of the discomfort. When the contractions became more frequent, Tommy suggested that she [present tense verb ], till she knew for sure if she was in labor. She was sure it was time to go to the [ location ] and give birth to her [ adjective ] baby. Before leaving she called the [ professional ] and said she would be leaving right after she [ past tense verb ]. Within [ number ] minutes of hanging up the phone, she was to the point where she could not even [ present tense verb ] during a contraction. When Tommy walked into the [ room ] and saw her on her hands and knees [ verb ending in ‘ing’ ], he said “we are going NOW!” and quickly packed up the [ vehicle ] and got everything ready. She and Tommy rushed to the [ place ], where they were met by the [ occupation ]. Meanwhile, Nicole’s family and friends arrived by [ mode of transportation ] and gathered in the waiting room. Nicole hadn't been sure whether she would use a pain killer, but as soon as she felt the pain in her [ body part ], she asked for [ medicine ]. Tommy tried to help by counting as Nicole [ past tense verb ]. This went on for [ number ] hours. The family kept busy in the waiting room by playing [ game ]and takeout [ food ]. Finally, the doctor decided to use the [ tool ]. With a scream of [ emotion ], Nicole gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He was so perfect, with a [ adjective ] [ body part ], and [ number ] fingers and toes. He weighed [ number ] pounds and [ number ] ounces and measured [ number ] inches in length. Nicole and Tommy named him [ boy’s name ] [ boy’s name ]. All the people in the waiting room agreed that he had Nicole's [ body part ] and Tommy’s [ body part ]. Nicole sang [ song title ] as she rocked the baby, and they all fell asleep dreaming about their new life together."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very clever.. I like it. jane

Kanani said...

I can't wait to see the photos! Your events are always so creatively done, I can see why people like to include you in on the festivities. The games are great. I love baby name games as well.

Anonymous said...

You are very creative and I am anxious to see what you did -- especially decorating.

I do have to share my youngest daughter' shower -- her cousin planned and did such a beautiful job -- however, my Donna's water broke upon arriving and her planned games were changed to counting contractons. My grandaughter, Alexia, was born later that evening -- we always kid that she just didn't want to miss the party! (and yes, she was early)

The Worsts said...

LOVE! Thanks:) It was just what I was looking for for my best friend and her shower!!!