Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Shout Outs

I am very excited to report that my brother is getting a lot of media exposure for all of his new projects! Last Friday, I was sitting in the nail salon flipping through the August issue of In Style Magazine (with Katherine Heighl on the cover) and came across a little snippet about his lip glosses from his Victoria Secret make-up line. I wanted to tear the page out, but since I was getting a pedicure, I thought that might be inappropriate. I did, however, run down to the Victoria’s Secret shop immediately after my nails dried to pick up a few items for gifts (since I already had a set for myself). The girl working cosmetics said that they had already sold out of a few items. The display wasn’t very big and easy to miss if you weren’t looking, but with all the buzz, I'm sure people are looking for it!

Yesterday, I received my September issue of Glamour Magazine (substitute for my Domino subscription since they stopped printing, so sad). I was going through the pages, not really reading and there was his face at the bottom of the page. He was included in the “Stylish Reads” section. As I’m sure everyone knows by now, his book, Fierce Style: How to Be Your Most Fabulous Self, is coming out in October. The magazine had a little mini interview at the bottom of page 80 in case you want to check it out. But for those of you who are not running out to the store to get it…here is one of the Q&A’s:

GLAMOUR: Who inspired you to be fierce?
CS: My sister. She didn’t look like anyone else-she’d go to school dressed like Snow White with lace-up boots!


I got a shout out in GLAMOUR! I am a little embarrassed to admit that, yes, I did wear a Snow White dress with black lace up boots to school in middle school. Thank goodness I can’t find that picture as it was during my “awkward” phase. Even if that is an outfit I would like to forget, I am so proud of my little bro! If you follow him on twitter, he has posted some pics from his line that is on display at Saks. And don’t forget his shoe line is coming to Payless in a few weeks!

No comments: