Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bikes Blues and BBQ

Things have been so hectic around here that I haven't had a chance to catch up on my blog. The buisiest weekend of the year was two weekends ago, Bikes Blues and BBQ. I can't say for sure, but I was told it is the second largest Motorcycle rally in the US. It was indeed impressive. I have never seen so many bikes in one place in all my life. The town closed down Dickson Street (the main street in downtown Fayetteville) so that only bikes could drive it. From Wednesday to Sunday bikes would cruise up and down the street all day and all night. People pulled out lawn chairs and would sit on the sidewalk and watch the bikes go by. BBQ tents sprung up in the alleys and in cleared parking lots. There were stages built and bands playing all over town. We got to see our favorite local band, The Ben Miller Band. I've never seen this town so alive. Many of the bikers were dressed in full leather (which was amazing considering it was 95 degrees), but a lot of the riders were regular Joes. There were big Harleys, sport bikes, cruiser bikes with a back seat for the Mrs and a few kids on dirt bikes. I didn't get on a bike, but it was an amazing place to people watch.

No comments: