Monday, March 9, 2009

Love, Mom

I just came across this blog that I’m sure everyone has already heard of. I thought I would share it anyways in case anyone hasn't seen it. This is the funniest blog I have ever read. Postcards From Yo Momma, is a collection of emails, text messages and IM chats between mothers and their adult children. I sat reading this site on Friday afternoon for about an hour and was hysterically laughing aloud to myself, trying not to fall out of my seat. I can see my mother in so many of these messages.

The ladies that put together the site are publishing a book coming out in a few weeks. You can preorder on Amazon.com. I just did. Brad did the author’s photo for it and I think my brother shared some of our mom’s notes. I can not wait to see it. I spoke to my mother about it and she had a guess of what email he would want to share with this site. A few years ago she sent my brother a message something like this, “I am so incredibly proud of all that you have accomplished and am so thankful for such a wonderful daughter.” The actual message was much longer and intended for me. She accidentally typed in my brother’s email address. Oops.

I sent in one of the emails that Evan’s mother sent a week or so ago. The email was quite clever and perfectly accurate of how she conducts day to day life. Now it is immortalized online. (I hope you don’t mind, Jane.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you kidding.. I love that site..it is so funny, I also really like "secret postcards"
j~