Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Perks

One of my most star struck moments was at my brother’s most recent fashion show. I almost melted when I met the CEO of Payless ShoeSource, LuAnn Via. My brother’s has designed a collection, Christian Siriano for Payless, and it is coming out this September. At the New York Fashion Show all the representatives from Payless sat in our row. We had the chance to mingle with them for a while and LuAnn told me and my mother that she would send us the shoes in the line when they come out. I thought that was a very nice offer and imagined that she would have an assistant make a note of it and we would get a package in September. A few days after the show, my brother’s manager emailed my mom, saying that LuAnn had asked for both of our shoe sizes. I was surprised to hear something so quickly and through such an official channel. My brother’s management office was asking for this information, not my brother. A few more days later, my mother gets a box on her doorstep. She opened the box and there were four pairs of shoes, two pairs of heels in a size 6 and two pairs of flats in a size 8. Also included was a hand written note, from the CEO.

“Joye and Shannon, It was a pleasure speaking with you at Christian’s very successful show. We love working with Christian and are very excited to see his designs come alive in our stores this fall! We thought you might enjoy a few Payless styles while you wait for Christian’s much anticipated collection. There are amazing flats and heels in this forthcoming line for each of you! Until then, LuAnn Via”

Is that not fabulous!?! A hand written note from the CEO! I don’t care if she, personally, didn’t write it. It was extremely thoughtful. I have a strong feeling that she did write it. I just got that feeling from her. She sent some of the styles from the already available collections done by designers. I received alice + olivia for Payless black peep-toe sling backs and tan strappy heels by Abate for Payless. Mom got these adorable plaid flats by Lela Rose for Payless and Dexter silver flats with a buckle. It was a really nice surprise to receive these shoes. We are definitely excited for his line in the fall and these are the perfect styles to hold us over until then. Doesn’t it feel good to pay less (or nothing)?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I'll having to rejuvenate my Payless efforts in September - I guess I had given up on them in recent years! :-) Can't wait to see you in May!

Unknown said...

I love the tan heels and the black slingbacks!! It has been a long time for me since I shopped there, but this fall I will have to make another appearance!!

Kanani said...

Wow! What a great story, and what fabulous shoes!