Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December New York Trip

After my nightmare about my wedding dress, I decided that I really needed a consult with my designer. And if my brother can’t come to me, I would have to go to him. Mom and I booked a ticket on the Bolt Bus and planned a two day get away. The bus ticket was $34 ROUND TRIP. My brother put us up in a hotel in Brooklyn and took us out to dinner. You can’t beat that!

Our two day NY trip was tons of fun. The bus ride was a breeze, it was a clean and nice and a really simple ride. I definitely recommend it. Once we got in to Manhattan we thought we would walk around, but after walking around in a two block circle with our bags, we decided to just get a cab to Brooklyn. I hadn’t been to my brother’s apartment since last Thanksgiving, so it was great to see how he had it decorated. We visited and watched the end of Harry Potter and then headed to dinner at Sea, a Thai place down the street. After dinner we headed back to the apartment and watched “Four Christmases”. Not exactly what you would call a luxurious New York vacation, but it is exactly what we wanted to do, spend time with my brother and Brad and Topper at the apartment and have a nice family dinner together.

On Monday, we woke up in our hotel in Brooklyn, my brother picked us up with his car service and we rode in to the city to his studio. We had our wedding dress consultation and then browsed through his racks. Mom took home a sweater and I got a new winter coat! Mom and I went to do a little shopping, bought Christmas presents for each other and headed back to the studio for lunch. It was fun to be a fly on the wall in his office watching his team run around. We stayed for a bit and then went to our bus stop to catch the Bolt Bus back home. It was quick, but a really nice trip. I can’t wait until Christmas when the family gets together again.

1 comment:

rivka said...

I can't wait to see your wedding dress! Guess we have to wait until the wedding photos though! I really enjoy your blog.