Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sorry Excuses

This is the saddest picture I have taken in a long time. I have to (for my sanity) present some excuses:

1) We have been busy with parties and get-togethers, watching Project Runway repeats and all of Christian’s TV appearances. These are obligations that I must tend to. 2) I have been spending a lot of time stalking my brother online, searching for interviews and articles to send to family and friends. How else would my Internet-challenged loved ones keep on track? 3) I am trying to get my new part time gig as a Pampered Chef sales consultant up and running in addition to my full time job. I have to make money to live fabulously.

I feel a little better, but it’s time to stop making excuses. This beautiful birthday gift that I anticipate will bring much joy to my life is sitting with things piled upon it in the corner of our junk room. It almost brings a tear to my eye. I haven’t bought one yard of fabric and only have white thread. I could make a list a mile long of all the things that I “need” to do, but I’ve got to start prioritizing. If I hope to get a job in one of my brother’s sweat shops, I need to at least learn how to thread this thing. I will achieve this, this weekend. I will.

At least I can boast that Evan is eating well this week. I have tried two new recipes so far and it’s only Wednesday. Usually, I make an effort to cook once a week. If Evan doesn’t make something, the rest of the week is FFY (Fend For Yourself). Tonight is the premiere of my second favorite show, Top Chef, so I hope that my cooking motivation will continue to be inspired. If Bravo would put together a “Clean House” competition reality show, maybe I would get it together in that department. Tim Gunn could still host and his tag line could be something like, “Ask yourself, would Nina eat off this floor? Make It Clean!”

No comments: