Monday, February 16, 2009

Fells Point, Baltimore

This weekend, Evan and I went to lunch in the Fells Point area of Baltimore. We have done the Inner Harbor a few times and were looking for a new destination. We walked around for a bit, popped in a few shops including TAG Galleries and Su Casa Furniture Store. It was a bit chilly out for a full day of wandering, so we decided on Kooper’s Tavern for lunch. I have only ever been to Fells Point in the evening (after a few drinks), so I was pretty clueless as to where to go for a meal. This place seemed pretty popular and we got a really nice window seat right away. Evan ordered a turkey sandwich with coleslaw on pumpernickel bread and I tried the Kobe Beef burger with brie and “onion straws”. My burger sounded amazing in the menu description, but there were just too many onions and they weren’t fried onions like I was imagining. I am not a big onion eater, so it was my fault for ordering something that was a bit of a gamble. If I had caught it in time, I could have pulled the excessive onions off, but the brie was completely melted by the time I realized the onion problem and without the cheese, this burger would have been blah. I know that is a lot of information about my burger, but I have been watching a lot of Top Chef lately, so I can't really help it...Even though my burger wasn’t the best, we still had a really nice day. I can not wait for spring weather when walking by the water can be an all day event, not just a few minutes to the end of the dock and back. Sunny days, please come back.

No comments: