Sunday, February 15, 2009

I HEART Cupcakes

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day this Saturday. Evan gave me the best Valentine's gift possible. He told me that I could stay on the couch all day and watch as many romantic comedies as I could stand. I watched the Jane Austin Book Club, Definitely Maybe and Dazed and Confused. I know Dazed is not a romantic comedy, but it is one of my favorites. I took a short break from the movies to make cupcakes. I have been wanting to make these V-day inspired cupcakes since my birthday last year when I received my cupcake recipe book. "Cupcakes and Other Goodies". They didn't turn out quite as beautiful as in the pages of my book, but they were still fun to make. I baked regular chocolate cupcakes with a cake mix and cut off the tops. I used a mini heart shaped cookie cutter to put the heart in the middle and frosted in between the top and bottom with canned frosting dyed with food coloring. This is low maintenance baking recipe was a nice distraction from the movie marathon.

No comments: