Saturday, February 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Crackers

I’m sure that you’ve heard about the Peanut Butter Crisis that is sweeping across the country. This has affected me in a big way. I have a pack of Keebler Peanut Butter Crackers for a morning snack, every day. I get teased about them at work because I eat them kind of funny. I open them up like Oreos and eat the peanut butter out of the middle and then eat the crackers. I get hungry around 10am and if I don’t have something, I am not pleasant by lunchtime. When the first tainted peanut butter story came out, I got emails and calls from coworkers worried about what I would do without my snack. I still haven’t found a good substitute. I was continuing to eat them after the warning went out, but recently a friend got sick and was told it could be tainted peanut butter. At that point I decided to throw my stash in the trash. If anyone has any suggestions of a good, portable, protein packed snack that could be a breakfast substitute, I am currently auditioning new recommendations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Jiff.. is it on the hit list.. we're still eating it.
crackers and jiff.. can't beat it.
j~