Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Cupcakes

At the very last minute, we decided to have some friends over to watch the Super Bowl. We wanted to keep it really low key with frozen pizza and french-fries, but still didn’t have enough in the fridge to feed 8 people. We took the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart where (believe it or not) I got the idea for this cupcake arrangement. They had cupcakes arranged to look like flower pots and smiley faces for children’s birthday parties. They also had cupcakes set up as a goal post for the Super Bowl. I love an excuse to make cupcakes, so I attempted to make mine into a football. I used my Easy Decorator, my favorite purchase of 2007, and it really took no time at all. I put a dollop of white icing in a plastic Ziploc bag and cut the corner to make the strip down the middle. They were totally devoured and all of our guests were impressed. Congratulations Giants fans!

No comments: