Friday, July 24, 2009

Wish List

I know it is not christmas time, but lately, I have been accumulating a list of "toys" that I am dreaming about buying. I've been a good girl this year. I'm sure I am on the "nice" list, but with a wedding on the horizon, I will force myself to hold out and wait for a visit from Santa.

The first item I am drooling over is a Mini Notebook Computer. I don't have an iPone, so I feel like this would be my mobile device. After researching, I have found this notebook that is less than 3 pounds and would be perfect to tuck in my bag in the event that I have a party planning epiphany that I need to document immediately. I am also looking for a computer I can use on my lap on the couch so that I am not stuck at my desk. It would be nice to be able to keep all of my wedding stuff in one place, but I'm not sure the memory on this little guy could hold all my inspirations.

The second item on my wish list is a Scoother like this Vespa. My Mom's next door neighbor has a little scooter and I think it would be so much fun to ride around the neighborhood and downtown Annapolis. I need to do some more research before I consider this purchase because I think you have to have a motorcycle license to drive one of these in Maryland. Also, the prices go up considerable when you get a scooter that can be driven over 40 mph. Maybe I should try to find a place that I can rent one rather than buying.



The final "toy" I am coveting is the Cricut craft machine. I saw an infomercial the other morning and I've been dreaming about it ever since. I've been thinking of all the DIY projects I'd like to do for upcoming parties and of course the big day. The Cricut would be the perfect thing to have. I do realize that the infomercial glamorizes how easy it is to use and the machine is quite expensive. I also know myself and I have purchased many a craft accessory that is all the rage for a few weeks and then finds its place in my craft closet.

I will continue to adore these things from afar since I know that I don't really "need" them. I do find it funny that my wish list is full of a bunch of gadgets instead of shoes and handbags. Maybe my tastes are changing...

2 comments:

Dottie said...

not to be a total nerd, but i totally recommend the asus eee - http://eeepc.asus.com/global/index.html. i took it traveling with me & loved every second. holla at me if you want to know more.

Shannon said...

I will definitely check it out. After looking at the mini Insirpon in person, I wasn't totally sold.