Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 Resolutions

I was reading the blog Decor8 this mornig when I realized that I really needed to make some resolutions this year. I do not usually make New Year’s resolutions, but I am not sure why. I always outline goals for myself in my business life, so why haven’t I felt the same in the personal life? That is going to change this year and I’d like to set some goals for myself to accomplish in 2008.

My list of resolutions is long, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. The year 2008 is 365 days. That is plenty of time to do everything on my list. Because I am putting this information out there for all to see, I hope to have extra motivation to accomplish all of these things.

1. Help Evan around the house so that he knows how much I appreciate all the things he does for me (and so he has more double checking to do – Love you, Ev) I plan to do more laundry and help more with meals.

2. Read more news and fiction so that I can expand my knowledge of the world and give my brain stimulation other than staring at the computer and the television. I’d like to read the newspaper once a week and read one book a month.

3. Find my creativity and make more things for myself and for others. Having a blog has motivated me to do more crafts, so I’d like to post 2-3 craft projects a month.

4. Learn a new skill like sewing, knitting, cooking or playing guitar. I’d love to do all of these things, but most likely I can do one or two this year. I need to sign up for a class somewhere.

5. Be more active. Not necessarily exercise more, but get myself off the couch. I’ll pick one day during the week that I don’t watch TV after work. (This is a lot harder than it sounds)

6. Stay in touch with friends and family. I’m doing better with birthday cards and calling on important dates, but I need to go a step further to make time to catch up with the people I care about that are far away.

7. Volunteer at least 2 times this year. This is the least I can do to give back for all the wonderfulness I have in my life.

8. Save Money to do the things that make us happy. We are off to an amazing start for our New York trip. I want to keep that momentum going.

9. Move back to the East Coast. (This is phase two of #8.) We need to get back to civilization and we need money and motivation to do it. I’d love to accomplish this goal by April 2008.

10. Get a new job that challenges me.

11. Travel to at least three places that Evan or I (or both) have never been. We have our New York trip planned, so that is one down. I have really long list of places that I want to go, so it will just be a matter of making that happen.

12. Pay off Debt. If I spend less, this will happen. That would be a great accomplishment.

This is my long list of resolutions. Luckily some of these things overlap eachother, so its not such a big feat. I hope to start checking things off very soon. I would like to wish everyone luck with their resolutions this year!

No comments: