I have found the perfect remedy for this problem, The Chicken Broccoli Wreath. This recipe was in one of my new Pampered Chef cookbooks. The first time I planned to try the recipe I was amazed that I had everything I needed to make it without a special trip to the store. Evan had grilled some chicken two days before and we always have Pillsbury crescent rolls in the fridge. The picture really doesn’t do it justice, but not only does it taste great, it looks beautiful, too.
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls (we used Pillsbury Big and Flaky)
1 cup coarsely chopped cooked chicken (seasoned) ¾ cup coarsely chopped broccoli
½ cup (2oz) shredded cheddar cheese (we used Italian blend)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon spice of your choice (we used citrus basil)
¼ cup diced red bell pepper (we left these out)
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Unroll crescent rolls, separate into eight triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on a round baking stone (or pan) with wide ends 3 inches from edge (points will extend off the edge). Leave a three inch opening in the center.
3. Combine chicken, broccoli, cheese, mayonnaise, seasoning, garlic, salt and red peppers in a bowl. Mix well.
4. Scoop filling evenly over dough in a continuous circle. Bring point of triangles over the filling and tuck under dough at the center to form a ring.
5. Brush dough with egg white and sprinkle with almonds.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.