Monday, January 21, 2008

The Dress

I am going to NYC for some exciting events the first weekend in February. One event in particular requires fashion forward attire. My brother had offered to loan me one of his creations, but he takes fashion forward to a level I’m not exactly comfortable with. I don’t want to look like I’m in a costume, but I want to look (as Chris would say) FIERCE. I found this lovely black number at a boutique here in Arkansas, believe it or not. I didn’t plan to find “my dress” at the first place I looked, but there it was at Mason’s next to Subway where I was going to lunch. This isn't a great picture, but you get the general idea. I still have to work on my accessories, tights, jewelry and a shrug. I want to be fabulous, but it’s going to be mighty cold in New York in February. I found a pair of black patterned tights that are a possibility. Definitely the black suede shoes I bought on my last trip to the city. I’m not sure what to do about arm cover. I like the idea of a shrug, and I found a red one that is cute, but I need to have it altered so that it doesn’t negatively impact the silhouette of the dress. I don’t have a tailor here in Arkansas, so that is a big thing on my to-do list. The other issue with the shrug is that the razor back of the dress is one of my favorite elements. I’d hate to cover that up. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for fashion. I might just accept that I will be cold and lose the shrug. Fortunately, I still have a few weeks to plan out the rest of my outfit, but the clock is ticking...

No comments: