Sunday, January 6, 2008

2008 Week One Update


I have started working towards my goals set for 2008 and wanted to report I am off to a great start! Evan has really jumped on board with most of my goals, so it makes it easier when I have a partner.

I claimed Thursday as my day to start #1, Help Evan and #2, Be Active, go without TV. I did a pretty good job. I got myself on track by listing things that I wanted to accomplish for the evening the same way I list all of my work tasks in the morning. My list included:

20 Minutes of Yoga (from a new yoga video. I don’t count this as TV watching)
Load pictures on the computer from my December trips, New Years party and my craft projects
Give myself a mini-manicure
Do two loads of laundry
Read one chapter of my book.

This doesn’t sound like anything special, but this is a big deal for me. I didn’t fall in to my usual routine: eat dinner, turn on the TV and then drag myself up to bed. I accomplished all of these except for reading one chapter of my book. I fell asleep after 3 pages. I was exhausted.

On Friday, I booked our flight to NYC, so I am already making progress on #11, Travel. I also found a destination to strive to make one of our 3 trips for the year, Glasgow. I’d love to get out of the country and I was really inspired by an article I read in the Sunday paper. (#2, Read More) The article was about the great music scene, shopping and galleries that make Glasgow a must-see city

As you know, I posted a craft project on Friday. My paper project was actually completed before I made my resolutions, but I’m still going to count it towards #3, Find My Creativity. I said I wanted to post 3 projects a month and this will be my first one.

Not a bad start if I do say so myself. One week down, 51 to go!

No comments: