Monday, May 4, 2009

Carpaccio Tuscan Kitchen

Two weekends ago, I went to dinner at a fairly new restaurant in Annapolis, Carpaccio Tuscan Kitchen and Wine Bar. It is a lovely spot at Park Place at the West Street Circle near the new Westin Hotel (where there used to be nothing). I love an upscale Italian restaurant and this place was just that. The restaurant décor is very modern chic and everything still seems very new. I didn’t have the Carpaccio that evening, but I did love my meal. I had Pappardelle Bolognese, extra wide egg pasta with a creamy Bolognese meat ragu. It was very good and beautifully presented on the plate.

I liked the meal so much that I took Evan there for lunch the very next day. At lunch we sat on the patio an overlooked the fountain. We split the Amalfi Brick Oven Pizza and a Carpaccio-like appetizer, Carpaccio di Prosciutto & Melone. The appetizer was very interesting. The cantelope was sliced in very thin cirlcles and drizzled with an orange infused olive oil which Evan loved, but I didn’t care much for. The Prosciutto was wrapped around tiny breadsticks (thinner than a pencil) that were sticking out of a thicker circle of melon. It was definitely interesting, but next time, I’ll have to get brave and try the real Carpaccio. I’ve never had it before, but with my sensitive stomach, I want to make sure I don’t have to go anywhere afterwards. I’m not scared about the raw meat, but anything too rich does me in and I have a feeling that raw filet minon could be pretty rich.

If you are ever in Annapolis, I would definitely recommend this little spot. Their website is pretty fabulous and has their full menu listed.

No comments: