Monday, May 18, 2009

Shopping Spree

A couple weekends ago, I went on a shopping spree for a new spring/summer wardrobe. I was on the hunt for deals and I sure found them. I spent about $450 and got 5 dresses, a skirt, a cardigan, a pair of shoes, a belt, two headbands, a necklace, a shirt and new undies and bras. Impressive, right? I had some gift certificates and returned some things, which is how I got so much. Plus, all the stores have deals because of the “economy”. Who knew the economy would help my wardrobe. Banana Republic is always my go to store at the mall. I got a pale blue high waste pencil skirt on clearance for $50 and everything else I got was 30% off. My favorite purchase is this pair of fabulous wedges
I also picked up two adorable headbands and an orange cardigan. I am probably going back to get another cardigan in black. A nice black button up cardigan is a staple in every girl’s wardrobe. Another deal of the day was the dress and belt I got at The Limited. I never shop there, but this dress caught my eye in the window. Everything in the store was buy one item and get the other 50% off. Hello!

I found two adorable dresses at Express for $30 with one of those coupons they send in the mail. I got a dress from Bebe for $6 because I had a store credit from Christmas. I picked up a white v-neck undershirt and some delicates from Victoria Secret for nothing because I returned a bathing suit that was not going to work. I picked out a dress on clearance at Anthropologie and found a really pretty long necklace for almost nothing because I had a $100 Amex Gift Card from the holidays. I read somewhere that people have on average $100 in unused gift cards and store credits taking up space in their wallets. I sure got the bang for no bucks in many cases on my shopping trip. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: